Monday, July 19, 2010
By John Basilone
If you want to succeed in your SEO or any other business online, it is important that you know the effective ways about social media optimization. Below are some of the tips to help you market you prevent the risks of facing some of the most common social media marketing failures.
• List down all the things that you want to accomplish using your marketing strategy. Some of the things that you may want to include in your objectives are networking, SEO, customer relations, branding, and so many others.
• Always reach out for your target audience. Think like the way your target market does. What are they looking for and most importantly what do they want the most.
• Always give content that has the quality that they want. And see to it that you do it consistently. Consistent quality content is the key to help your social media marketing successful especially when it comes to search engine optimization.
• Do not give more time to marketing. Instead spend more time focusing on your content. If you would give high quality content, you do not have to try hard marketing because it will already do the work for you. You would be surprised to know how your website would become popular simply because you have the right content.
• Never abuse the power of optimization. With the right social media marketing strategies, sooner or later you will become part of the highest rankings in search engines. However, if you over-optimize it would actually do more harm than good in your website. Search engines are now doing some actions on sites who over optimize to prevent it from manipulating the results given by the search engines.
• Instead of giving a link to your site's homepage, link to your About Me section so that they would know more about you first and your website.
• Include resources in your link. People would get tired if they would see that you are promoting your own website again and again. Look for websites that are relevant to yours and include it in your content. Do not even hesitate to include the links of your competitors as well. You might be surprised to know that this can actually be a great way to start networking and interlinking which is very essential in any new website.
• Create a good social network with the other website owners. Those who are in the same niche as yours may be your competitor but it actually does not matter when it comes to marketing social media. They can be your partners by exchanging links, joining online ventures together, and so many more possibilities. Other than exchanging links, you can also exchange comments at the same time.
Author enjoys writing on wide range of topics and recommends SEO Houston for Social Media Marketing services. You may visit for more details.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Basilone
Posted by: Manny Sarmiento - http://www.nmx2.com/
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Social Media Marketing Plan
By Simon J. Maselli
Do you know how to Leverage your social media marketing plan to maximize your business exposure to the internet?
Social networking is the latest revolution in online advertising and it continually surprises me how few leverage its potential. It is relatively simple to set up and once you reach critical mass, the results from social media marketing are awesome.
Read on to find steps on setting up your social network.
1. Set up a business page on Facebook. This is relatively simple to achieve. Sign up to Facebook and set-up a personal page. You would then set up your social media marketing page by establishing either a group or a page. My personal recommendation is to set up your social media marketing plan as a page. Complete as much information in the business information tabs as possible and remember to link back to your main website.
2. Set up a profile on twitter. Go to the Twitter home page and select "New User". Twitter is currently the fastest growing community on the internet. Complete the relevant information and verify your account. The next step is to search twitter for users interested in similar ideas as your business. There are a number of options you can target your social media marketing prospects, from your contacts lists to keyword searches. Take your time and add as many new contacts as time permits.
3. Visit LinkedIn and make a new profile. Linked in often gets users searching for individuals/business for work so it is key to make sure that you completely fill out the details required for a complete profile. This will leverage your social media marketing opportunity and ensure your LinkedIn prospects know what you are about.
4. Join Digg and begin to submit the pages of your website to the Digg Community.
5. Join StumbleUpon and submit pages from your website. This is one of the largest source of traffic early in your websites development and it is important that you maximise the power this resource has to offer to leverage social media marketing.
6. Add buttons to your website that will enable you to link from your website to each of these to your Social networking profiles. there are widgets and banners available at each of the Social Network Marketing sites that you can simply cut and paste into your website to Leverage the Power of this Medium
If you follow these 6 steps to Social Media Marketing you will be well on your way to leveraging the power of this marketing strategy.
Simon Maselli is a Progressive, innovative, energetic and diversely experienced Entrepreneur, and Professional Deal Maker with more than 16 years success as a Leader/Project Manager on multi-million dollar projects with some of the top ASX listed companies in Australia.
As a Social Media Specialist and expert in the field of Personal Branding who focuses on Return On Investment by boosting your personal and business presence, Simon gets Results
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Simon_J._Maselli
Posted by: Manny Sarmiento - http://www.nmx2.com